Saturday, January 3, 2009

RElate, REmember, REtry

Tomorrow is Sunday. The day after tomorrow must be Monday. Monday=Back to school. I've been on vacation for a week and a half, and on Monday, it's back to school for me. The good news is, I will snap out of boredom. The trade off? No more lounging around for a while, loads of homework, and everything else that is included in the package. I have discovered two things in the midst of my boredom:
1. As I'm drifting off, it is not unusual for me to suddenly feel like I am falling through something, as if I tripped and fell into an endless vortex of some sort or I would feel like a large balloon just exploded in my head. Can anyone explain why this occurs?
2. I discovered a psychology textbook. There is one interesting concept that I found. Suppose there are two strings hanging from the ceiling that are far enough apart that they aren't long enough to touch both at the same time (meaning when you are holding one strand, you couldn't stretch out far enough to reach the other one), and there is a toolbox full of tools beside the two strings. Your task is to somehow be able to have both in your hands at the same time, though the two don't necessarily have to touch each other. Ponder the solution for a minute.
Before you continue reading this, define the use of the tool plier on a piece of paper. A plier, supposedly, is used to bend a piece of wire or something of the sort, correct? Now, if it were to be located in or next to a toolbox full of tools, that definition would be emphasized. People's natural assumption of a plier is that it is simply a hand tool. However, in this case, it can be used as a pendulum. By tying one of the string to the plier, you have created a moderately large scale pendulum. And by swinging it, you have thus created motion, and with enough speed, you could gain enough time to grab the other string and snatch the string with the plier as it is swinging. Quite fascinating, isn't it?

No comments: